Department Of Revenue - Trip and Fuel Permit

Select Permit Type

All permits are good for seven (7) days and they must be obtained before a registrant enters into the State of Alabama. Permits issued in lieu of apportioned (IRP) or full registration and motor fuel tax licensing (IFTA).

Important Notes

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are accepted for all online renewals.

Before submitting payment, please make sure all information is correct.

Once payment is received, your credit or debit card statement will reflect a payment to Alabama Interactive.

Please PRINT the receipt page for your records.

Payment Options:   
Trip and Fuel Permit Questions: 334-242-9000
Technical Support: 866-353-3468 or