Alabama State Lands Camping Platforms and Shelters Rental Agreement
By clicking continue the user agrees to the following rules and conditions of use for the canoe platforms and shelters
owned and operated by the Alabama State Lands Division.
Platform and Shelter Rules
Rental Rates and Fees
- Group size shall be limited to 8.
- Pets are not allowed in shelters or on platforms.
- Shelters shall be accessed by canoe or kayak only.
- Fires will not be allowed within 20 feet of the shelters and are not allowed on platforms. Camping stoves are allowed on both platforms and shelters. Cutting of brush or trees for firewood is not allowed.
- Platforms and shelters can be reserved for one night only. A group can make reservations at different locations when taking multiple night trips. Reservations are from 12 noon to 12 noon the following day. A copy of reservation must be on person.
- Discard of garbage or food scraps on or near platforms or shelters is prohibited.
- Each party is required to have a compass, map, flashlight, and portable toilet with disposable bags. State Lands Division trails have a leave no trace policy.
- The platforms and shelters will be inspected after each use. Damage to platforms will be assessed and be the responsibility of the user.
- Each boat occupant is required to have a Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD). Childer under 8 are required to wear their PFD at all times while in a boat.
- No alcohol is allowed at platforms or shelters including sandbar beaches at Perdido shelter locations. All state, federal, and county laws regarding alcohol consumption are enforced. County regulations prohibit public intoxication.
- Visitors may be held financially responsible for unnecessary rescues.
- Rules are subject to change. Please refer to the Alabama State Lands Canoe Trails webpage for more information.
- Rental of camping platforms and shelters is 26.5 per night.
- Cancellations completed prior to 24 hours of the date of
intended use will face a penalty of a $1.50 cancellation fee and
50% of the original reservation fee.
- Cancellations are not allowed within 24 hours of the
date of intended use.
- As a courtesy, campers are requested to inform the
State Lands Division at (251) 625-0814 if you do not
intend to use a campsite on the date you have reserved.